Fires

-A +A
Sunday, June 12 An activated residential fire alarm came in from 24590 265th Avenue. Upon arrival the occupant said alarm had went off but they had reset it and then the alarm cleared. No damage was reported-department cleared scene. On scene 10 minutes.   
Saturday, May 21 A one vehicle rollover was reported in Little Sauk Township on State 27.  The department did traffic control until the tow company removed the vehicle. On scene 40 minutes. Sunday, May 22 Department was paged to a one vehicle rollover in Section 36 of Iona Township. After a quick...
Saturday, May 14 The department was paged for mutual aide with Grey Eagle Fire department at a barn fire at 32528 County Road 13. The barn was fully engulfed in flames when the department arrived on scene. The barn was a total loss as well as hay, straw and some equipment.  No animals were lost. ...
Saturday, April 23 The department was paged to 23367 161st Avenue for a grass fire that was possibly started by a chain saw, from an individual cutting wood. A little over an acre of grass and fire burned. There was a lot of dead fallen trees in the burned area that needed to be put out. On scene 1...
Wednesday, April 13 The department was paged to an accident on County Road 5 by the address of 27953. A three wheel Teragator had rolled. Both lanes of the road were blocked. The driver over corrected after the back tire entered the ditch causing the machine to flip. The driver was not injured but...
Wednesday, March 23 The department was paged to assist Browerville at a grass fire at 30157 291st Avenue. The fire could only be reached by foot and Kubota. Fire was started from property owner burning debris in a pit. On scene 1 hour, 20 minutes. Thursday, March 24 A call came in of a garage fire...
Thursday, March 17 A grass fire was reported in the east ditch on Hwy 71 just north of County Road 6. It was called in by a passerby. Possibly ignited by a discarded cigarette. On scene 10 minutes.  
Monday, March 7 A gas leak was reported at 14 Todd Street South. The leak was from a gas stove. Gas was shut off at the meter. Gas levels were checked with nothing found. The department was on standby until Center Point Energy arrived on scene.  Todd Street was closed for a short period of time. On...
Friday, March 4, 2016 The department was called to a possible fire at 621 Charlotte Lane SE. The homeowner had started a wood stove and smoke entered into the house. When the department arrived the stove had started to work properly. The homeowner had windows open and smoke cleared from home. The...
Thursday, January 21 The department was paged to a garage/shop fire at 21396 County 96 at 12:05 a.m.  Upon arrival the structure was totally engulfed. Lost in the fire was a skid loader, a pickup, numerous tools and equipment. Grey Eagle assisted with mutual aid. On scene 1 1/2 hours.  

Pages

Long Prairie Leader

P.O. Box 479
21 3rd Street S
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Phone: (320) 732-2151
Fax: (320) 732-2152
Email: info@lpleader.com

 

Sign Up For Breaking News

Stay informed on our latest news!

Manage my subscriptions

Subscribe to Long Prairie Leader Newsletter feed
Comment Here